Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sacred Sunday: finding stillwaters

Today I'm sitting with some self-doubt and a lot of inner-chatter. This is a common pattern that I'm learning to rest with and wait out. Instead of feeling disturbed, I'm actually interested in the process of what's going on and how to move through it.

Times like this are also part of spiritual growth...finding acceptance and peace, learning to trust and be still. Trying to digest too much at a time can be overwhelming. I read this, I write that, I think and think on everything...what I'm reading, what I'm experiencing, relationships, feelings and questions. System overload. It's better to run one program at time.

So, this week my goal is to slow down, focus in, sit with one idea a day. Instead of reading three chapters of two books, perhaps being still with one idea or question per day would settle my racing thoughts and bring me back to the moment.

This will be a good challenge.

love, love, love...

1 comment:

Luke said...

Sounds like a good challenge!