Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The List

Gratitude is a habit that takes practice. It's one that can transform your life. The happiest and most content people in the world are the ones who have learned to make gratitude a state of being.Since I've been very interested in emotions lately, I'm going to take the time to sit with the question, "What are you thankful for?" and make a list based on what I feel thankful for through my day and at this moment. Why? Because gratitude is a way to experience life every moment, a practice in wakefulness.

Today's List:
1. hot tea
2. the people a hot cup of tea brings to mind
3. poetry written by my daughter
4. my vacuum
5. an afternoon nap
6. listening to my children laugh together at Calvin and Hobbes
7. music
8. 66 degrees and sunny
9. my front porch
10. kindred spirits who cheer and inspire
11. painful impasses in life that refine us
12. my children
13. the honor of motherhood
14. this laptop
15. the man who gave it to me and encouraged me to write.

No comments: